Monday, March 11, 2019

Kissy, Lakka, and Tengbeh Town

Good morning to you, our family and friends. We love you. 

The first thing on our heart and mind today is the loss of our cherished friend Shelley Grant. Your perfect smile, contagious laugh, sweetest of spirits, courage, strength, and memories of our times together will live on in our memories forever.

Kissy

The Lord continues to favor us as we attempt to accomplish the work He has entrusted in us. Last weekend we traveled to Kissy. We are thankful for Gods presence and the moving of His spirit in that service; many were filled and renewed! We love Pastor Patrick Sesay, his wife and family, and the beautiful congregation of Christopher Memorial UPC.





 

Lakka

On Wednesday mornings, if our schedule allows, Heidi and I venture out to see something new. This past Wednesday happened to be my birthday and she allowed me to choose our agenda. I chose to visit the ocean side villages of Lakka and River #2; always good choices. We had lunch at The Swan in Freetown.


That's me holding the boat after only a couple hours in the sun.



 Our Saturday "Youth Social" continues to grow! In the "snap" below, I am working on my west African hip movements via hula hoop.

 Tengbeh Town

Yesterday we were in Tengbeh Town! This youthful congregation meets in a beautiful tin building nestled up in a hillside village of the inner city of Freetown. The Lord met us there. His reflection is found in the faces and lives of His beautiful children.





We love you. - Jeff & Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Yes sir, we're all saddened by the loss of Shelley. It was a long battle, that she fought bravely. Very thankful that you're having revival in Kissy!
    I think I can speak boldly for everyone at the TOP when I say I think you should demonstrate some West African hip movements on World Missions Sunday!! Rocking the hula!! I'm glad your birthday was nice (you old geezer) and I know it's one never to be forgotten. Love y'all and looking forward to seeing and hearing all about the adventures you had in God's work! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete